Registration for The Big Event is now open!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for The Big Event: A Saluki Day of Service. This year, all Big Event opportunities are listed online in the Saluki Volunteer Portal through the Center for Service Learning. Please follow these steps to register as a volunteer for The Big Event.
1. If you have not already done so, you will need to create an account for the Saluki Volunteer Portal. You can do that by going here.
2. Once you have an account, please click here and enter the username and password that you established in step one.
3. Once inside the portal, you will see the welcome page and several tabs at the top. Please click on the "My Schedule" tab.
4. On the "My Schedule" page, you will see a January 2019 calendar. Please change the calendar to March 2019.
5. Once the March Calendar is up, please click on March 30, 2019 (the date of The Big Event).
6. You should now be able to see all the different volunteer opportunities available for The Big Event. Scroll through each opportunity in order to choose the option that's best for you.
7. When you know the site and time that works best for you, click the "Schedule Me" button next to the site and shift that you want to volunteer.
PLEASE NOTE: Check-in for the morning shift begins at 7:00 AM and ends at 8:15 AM. All volunteers for the morning shift need to be checked in and ready to go by no later than 8:15 AM.
Check-in for the afternoon shift begins at 11:00 AM and ends at 12:15 PM. All voluntees for the afternoon shift need to be checked in and ready to go by no later than 12:15 PM.
All volunteers for The Big Event need to be registered through the Center for Service Learning and Volunteerism's Saluki Volunteer Portal by no later than March 15, 2019.